Attention Heber Food Service Establishments
Heber City Requests YOUR Feedback on a Proposed FOG Ordinance
FOG stands for FATS, OILS and GREASE
It is the number one cause of sewer system blockages in Heber City. FOG sticks to the walls of your plumbing and the sewer system and can build up over time. Eventually, it can block your plumbing or the sewer system.
What YOU Should Know
Heber City is considering the adoption of a FOG Ordinance for all food service establishments and certain auto and manufacturing companies. The intent of the Ordinance is to prevent sewer blockages and reduce loading at the Heber Valley sewer treatment plant by requiring all Food Service Establishments to have a grease trap or interceptor. The Ordinance will also entail annual inspections and fines for violations.
How Can YOU Provide Feedback
You are invited to attend one of two informational meetings Heber City will hold to learn more about the proposed FOG Ordinance and provide feedback. The informational meetings are planned for Wednesday, August 19, 2020 at 9:00 a.m. and 3 p.m. in Heber City Hall located at 75 North Main Street, Heber City, Utah. If you prefer to participate virtually, the login information is provided below for both meetings:
- If you missed the meeting, here is a link to download and view the FOG Meeting.
For more information, please call Heber City at 435-654-3275 or visit https://www.heberut.gov/302/FOG. The City’s web site includes a copy of the proposed FOG ordinance and other related information.
Key policy issues we seek feedback on, include:
- How much time will be granted to existing, noncompliant fog generators, to install required equipment? (13.08.364  [b])
- What noncompliance Penalty assessments will be acceptable? (13.08.366 )
- Are there any concerns with our proposed partnership with the Wasatch county health department, to monitor fog ordinance compliance?
- Are the Judicial remedies proposed acceptable? (13.08.366 )
For more information, please call Heber City at 435-654-3275.