- Does my address or parcel # reside within the Heber City Boundaries?
Go to Heberut.gov/planning and then click on Address/Parcel lookup, or click here Wasatch County (arcgis.com).
- How do I use the Wasatch County Interactive Map?
Click the down arrow in the search option. Select Address, Parcel, Road or Subdivision. Enter the Address, Parcel, Road or Subdivision, based on your search selection. Click here to access the Address/Parcel lookup. Wasatch County (arcgis.com)
- What if my address or parcel number is not within the Heber City boundary lines?
Determine which municipality the address or parcel number resides and contact that municipality, click here to access the Address/Parcel lookup Wasatch County (arcgis.com)
- My address does not reside within the Heber City boundaries, can I contact other municipalities from the Heber City Website?
Yes, click here for other municipality contact information.
Charleston – Charleston Town | Charleston Town (utah.gov)
Daniel – Daniel, Utah (danielutah.org)
Independence – Independence, UT (independenceut.org)
Interlaken – HOME | Interlaken Town Utah (town-of-interlaken.com)
Midway – www.midwaycityut.org
Wasatch County – Wasatch County Government (utah.gov)
- What if an address or parcel number resides outside of all municipality lines on the Wasatch County Interactive Map?
Outside of all Municipality boundary lines is Wasatch County, contact Wasatch County, or click here for the Wasatch County Website Wasatch County Government (utah.gov)
- How can I find Heber City’s Zoning for an address within the Heber City Boundaries?
Go to Heberut.gov/planning and then click on Heber City Zoning Map, or click here. Zoning-Map-PDF (heberut.gov)
- What if the street addresses on the Heber City Zoning Map do not appear or are too small to read?
Click on the zoom-in option at the top (or bottom) of the Heber City Zoning Map, click here for the Heber City Zoning Map. Zoning-Map-PDF (heberut.gov)
- How do I determine the exact zoning for an address on the Zoning Map?
Find the color coordinated Zoning Chart on the bottom right hand corner of the Zoning Map. Click here for the Heber city Zoning Map Zoning-Map-PDF (heberut.gov)
- How do I find the Municipal Code for a particular zone?
Go to Heberut.gov/planning and then click on Municipal Code for Title 18 Zoning or click here to access Title 18 Zoning Heber : Municipal Code (municipalcodeonline.com)
- What if I have additional zoning questions I couldn’t find through the website?
Go to Heberut.gov/planning and then click on Planning Applications and “Fill out the Zoning Verification Application” or click here Zoning Verification Application-Civic Review
- What if I want to make an appointment with a City Planner?
Go to Heberut.gov/planning and then click on Planning Applications or click on, “Fill out a Planning Appointment Application” or click here Planning Appointment Application
- Do I need a fence permit?
A permit is not required for residential fence, click here for the Fence Guide Municipal Code
Visibility Triangle: Heber : Zoning (municipalcodeonline.com)
- Where can I find Accessory Dwelling Unit (ADU) information?
Accessory Dwelling Unit Municipal Code is the same as Accessory Apartments click here for ADU Municipal Code Heber : Zoning (municipalcodeonline.com)
- Where can I find information about sheds or detached Garages?
Click here for sheds and detached garage Municipal Code https://heber.municipalcodeonline.com/book?type=ordinances#name=18.68.060_Accessory_Building_--_Lot_Coverage_Restricted
- Where can I find Short Term Rental (Nightly Rentals) information?
: Click here for Short Term Rental (Nightly Rentals) Municipal Code. https://heber.municipalcodeonline.com/#book/mexpand?type=ordinances&name=5.26_Short_Term_Rentals
- What developments have been approved by Wasatch County in the North Village area?
View this PDF file, to see developments that have been approved by Wasatch County in the North Village area?
- Are the Planning Department and Building Department the same thing?
They are not the same. The Planning Department primarily reviews plans for conformance with the Zoning Ordinance (PDF). The Building Department's main function is to review plans for conformance with the International Building Code.
- What is the Zoning Ordinance?
- Allow development in a way that encourages preservation of scenic vistas, environmentally sensitive lands, and historic structures; provision of well planned commercial and residential structures
- Implement the goals of the General Plan
- Promote the general health, welfare and safety of Heber City inhabitants
- Protect and enhance the quality of life for Heber City residents; protect and preserve peace and good order and aesthetics in Heber City
- Protect the tax base
- Provision of safe and efficient traffic and pedestrian circulation; and to prevent development that is susceptible to natural disaster
- What is the General Plan?
The General Plan is a policy document designed to guide the future of Heber City. The document contains the goals, policies, and action plans for Park City's future direction for:
- Community character
- Community economy
- Growth management
- Historic preservation
- Land use
- Open space
- Parks and recreation
- Does the Planning Department enforce CC and Rs?
No, the Planning Department enforces City regulations. Enforcement of CC and Rs is solely up to the Home Owners Association of each respective subdivision.
- What is a zoning district?
Heber City has been divided into a number of areas called zoning districts. Each district is specifically addressed in the Zoning Ordinance and uses (commercial, residential, mixed, etc.) are spelled out along with requirements for construction. Each zone is unique and the Code is written to address the specific details of that area.
- I would like to put a sign on my property, do I need approval?
Yes, all signs within City limits are regulated by the Heber City Sign Ordinance. This Code regulates the size, placement, materials used, etc., for signs on buildings and sites. Please contact the Planning Department regarding these regulations prior to posting any signs.
- If I have concerns, comments or complaints about a project, whom should I contact?
If the comments regard an official application with the City please contact the Planning Department at 435-654-4830 and you will be directed to the project Planner.
- What developments have been approved in Heber City?