What it is:
The Fraud Hotline provides city employees and citizens with a way to report suspected fraudulent activity by employees, vendors, contractors, etc. Allegations reported over the Fraud Hotline are evaluated and investigated. You have two resources when reporting fraud, waste, or abuse. You can report directly to the City Finance Manager Wesley Bingham or to the Utah State Auditor’s Office.
What to report:
The Fraud, Waste, and Abuse Hotline should be used to report fraud, waste, and significant non-compliance issues. Information provided through the Fraud Hotline should be made in good faith.
The Fraud Hotline is intended to be used to report serious concerns or questionable actions such as:
- Illegal or fraudulent activity
- Theft of city property, funds and/or resources
- Falsification of financial records to cover up theft or embezzlement
- Falsifying payroll information
- Gross Mismanagement
- Waste or Misuse of public funds, property, or manpower.
- Improper activities by city officials, employees or contractors
- Soliciting or accepting a bribe or kickback
- Abuse of Authority
- Unethical Conduct
Do not use the Fraud Hotline to report complaints or grievances involving wages, working conditions, discrimination, and other personnel issues. These issues should be reported to Melanie Alleavitch in human resources.
How to report:
Phone: City employees or citizens can call the Fraud Hotline with the state auditor at 1-800-622-1243.
Email: By sending a message to the finance manager for Heber City at firstname.lastname@example.org or the state auditor’s office at email@example.com
Attn: Fraud Hotline
75 North Main St
Heber City, UT 84032
US Mail: OSA Hotline, PO Box 142310, SLC, Utah 84114-2310
When reporting, please provide as much information as possible including:
- Names of reported individual(s) & other individual(s) involved
- Names of others who are aware of the incident
- The location of the incident
- The location of any evidence including records or physical proof
- Your name and contact information (unless you wish to remain anonymous)
- Other relevant information
Commitment to anonymity:
We encourage individuals to provide contact information because it allows City personnel to follow up with you to ask questions or to seek clarification when more information is needed.
Your anonymity will be protected to the extent allowed by law. Be informed that your identity may become known during the course of the investigation because of the information you have provided.