Request For Proposals
Consulting Services in Support of Heber Valley Airport
Release Date: 7-26-21
Preface: Heber City is seeking a qualified firm, individual or consultant to assist airport officials with the development of an updated airport layout plan. Heber Valley Airport is currently updating its Airport Master Plan but is seeking professional assistance with devising a layout plan that would ensure the long-term fiscal sustainability of the airport while reflective of the political concerns of the City Council and community stakeholders. Moreover, the City is seeking to establish a long-term relationship with the consultant to provide ongoing consulting services on miscellaneous issues, including, but not limited to, 1) conducting a review of all current airport practices to ensure they comply with best practices and FAA requirements; and 2) assist City in developing long-term hanger lease policy.
Background: The City is currently under contract with T-O Engineering to complete the Heber Valley Airport Master Plan Update. The plan’s forecast was recently approved by the FAA transitioning focus of work to developing viable plan alternatives. The top priority of the Consultant would be to assist the City in developing an Airport Layout Plan that would help ensure long-term economic sustainability of the airport, be supported politically by key stakeholders, and ultimately supported and approved by the FAA. Other work would include reviewing all current airport practices and developing long-term hanger lease policy for the airport. This subsequent work may result in necessary updates to the City’s minimum standards, the City would look to the Consultant to assist with this work.
Scope of Work A: Project Based Requests:
Project 1) Assist with alternative analyses, including the development of an updated ALP that promotes the long-term fiscal sustainability of the airport and reflects Council’s and communities goals.
Project 2) Review of all current airport practices to ensure they comply with industry best practices and FAA requirements and make recommendations for improvement.
Project 3) Develop long-term hanger lease policy for Heber Valley Airport.
Scope of Work B: Ongoing Support for Misc. and Special Request Items.
The City is interested in an ongoing consultant relationship to address ongoing, miscellaneous and special project requests. Consultant should assess two options: 1) A flat hourly rate to complete miscellaneous work; or 2) Monthly retainer fee plus an hourly rate.
All additional or future project based special requests are to be done via separate engagement letters that detail cost, time, and scope of work for completing special requests. City intends to use the hourly rates included in submittal for future project based work requests. City would approve each engagement letter prior to work commencing.
An Airport Master Plan update is currently being conducted. Heber City desires to develop an aviation business plan in conjunction with the Airport Master Plan and Layout update that will integrate into potential future airport development projects.
This request for proposal is to help the City develop an aviation business plan. It is expected that the selected consultant will work closely with T-O Engineers to ensure that the Airport Layout Plan incorporates those aviation business development plans that promote long-term fiscal sustainability and reflect City Council and community goals.
This request for proposal is not an Airport Master Plan study and is not to update the Airport Layout Plan. This project will be accomplished on a local level concurrently with the on-going Airport Master Plan efforts.
Submittal Requirements: Firms submitting a price quote must provide the following information:
- Name of Firm.
- Firm Principle(s). Proposal shall be signed by an authorized representative(s) with authority to submit such proposal and execute a legally binding contract.
- Location of Firm (location should reflect site which majority of work will be completed).
- Name of Project Lead: Firm is to assign person to serve as project lead. This person will be the primary contact for the City.
- Statement of Qualifications.
- Statement of Work Approach: Statement is to reflect consultants understanding of work to be completed and approach for completing work outlined in Scope of Work A.
- Cost Proposal: Cost proposal should be submitted for each of the project requests included in Scope of Work A. Consultants should submit an hourly rate for completing work, along with an estimated not to exceed hours for completing the work. Additionally, Consultants should also submit an hourly fee for Scope of Work B--ongoing or miscellaneous special requests.
- Special Considerations and Innovative Ideas: Please include, in summary format, special project considerations and innovative ideas for undertaking and completing the project scope.
- Project Contract: Please note willingness to execute a service contract with Heber City for completion of work. Sample contract will be provided upon request. Standard insurance coverages—WC and Professional Liability—will be required.
Proposal Deadline: Proposals must be received in the Heber City Recorder’s Office no later than Monday, August 23, by 1 p.m. Requested information shall be delivered electronically by email to Heber City Recorder at TCooke@Heberut.gov. Please include in Subject Line of email the following: Consulting Services in Support of Heber Valley Airport and proposing firm name. Proposals may also be delivered via other electronic means, such as thumb drive, etc. The package containing the other electronic means must clearly note the name of this and name of firm on the front of the package and be addressed to Heber City Recorder.
Administrative Guidance: The information provided herein is intended and designed to provide those interested in responding sufficient basic information regarding minimum requirements. It is not intended to limit a proposal's content or exclude any relevant or essential data therefrom. Proposers are at liberty and are encouraged to expand upon the specification to evidence service capability under any agreement. The City will not be liable for any costs proposers may incur in the preparation or presentation of this proposal. The City reserves the right to reject any and all proposals or to waive any irregularities or informalities in any proposal or in the RFP procedures.
Questions: Please forward questions to the Airport Manager Travis Biggs at email@example.com or City Manager Matt Brower at firstname.lastname@example.org.