News Flash Home
The original item was published from 5/30/2019 4:01:29 PM to 6/4/2019 10:48:12 AM.
Posted on: May 30, 2019
[ARCHIVED] Public Hearing on Unbilled Services for Water Sewer and Utility Funds-06.18.19
Public Hearing on Unbilled Services for Water, sewer and Utility Funds
June 18, 2019
- Why is a Public Hearing Required?
Section 10-6-135.5 of the Utah State Code requires Cities to hold a public hearing if the City intends to transfer monies or services from enterprise funds (Water, Sewer and Utility Funds) to other City funds. Because the City does not charge itself for Water, Sewer or Utility services a Public Hearing is required.
- Per Section 10.6.135.5 of the Utah State Code, notice is hereby given that the Heber City Council will hold a public hearing on Tuesday, June 18th at 6:00 p.m. to discuss unbilled services provided by the Water, Sewer and Utility Enterprise Funds to the Heber City General Fund. The estimated value of the services the General Fund receives is as follows: Water $42,700, Pressurized Irrigation $8,400, Sewer $2,700 and Utility $2,200. Interested citizens are invited to attend the hearing and express support or opposition to the proposed practice.
- * Published in the June 2019 City Newsletter, on the Utah Public Notice Website, the City Website and the City Facebook Page.
Services Provided to the General Fund at No Charge
- Culinary Water to 8 buildings and 20 City owned properties/meters:
- Secondary Water to 9 City owned properties:
- Sewer to 8 City owned buildings:
- Utility/Storm Drainage Fees for City properties:
Purpose of Public Hearing
- Allow the public to express support or opposition to the practice.
- Determine if the City Council wants to continue the practice.
- Because the value of the services is immaterial, the City is required to hold a public hearing, but no transfer of resources is required to be reflected in the City’s financial statements.